How to share Google Ads access to your Digital Marketing agency?
Onboarding for our clients can be a hard process while most clients are not familiar with the tools in detail. One of these digital tools is Google Ads and you’re going to need to provide access to your Google Ads account if we are working together. To provide access is prety simple so we will further explain it to you within this post.
Here’s how to grant AdWords access to agencies like ours in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: The Client Sends Their Google ID
- Log in to your Google AdWords account
- In the top right corner you can find your Customer ID. It looks like this:
- Email it to your agency
- You can stay logged in and wait for the agency to request approval
Step 2: The Digital Marketing Agency That You Work With Request Access
- Log in to the top level Manager Account for Google Ads
- Under Accounts, click +Account and select “Link existing accounts”
- Enter the provided customer ID (see the above step for how you can get your ID) and click “Continue”
- You can give the account a name (for internal use only) and click “Request approval”
Step 3: You As A Client Approves The Access
- Click the gear icon (top right) and select “Account Settings”
- Click “Account Access” on the left menu
- Click “Accept Request” and if you’d like provide full access, grant Admin permissions
Yeah you’re there! It was that easy! You’ve successfully granted your marketing agency access to your Google Ads account.