As we moved into 2017, we will share 10 facts why visual marketing continues to grow in 2017. Digital marketers should be aware of the shift towards visual content creation marketing within this year. While changes occur at all points throughout the year, there’s always something about starting a new year that gives brands a fresh start. All of the sudden, everyone is thinking about the future and about the things they would like to improve. It is important that you pay attention on three words: visual digital marketing.
Visual marketing and the creation of visual content will continue to grow in the years to come and this means that we are informing you about the huge potential that lies within. Visual content doesn’t mean simply making a video or photography but it is all about reaching and talking with your audience by using visual assets and strategies. It’s about visual interaction where you create engagement and the consideration to the final purchase. And let’s be clear; people need ¼ seconds to process visual cues where some sources suggest that visuals are processed 60.000 times faster than text. Words are abstract and rather difficult for the brain to retain whereas visuals can speak for themselves and are more easy to remember.
Let’s have a look at the growth potential and why visual marketing continues to grow in 2017. Ten reasons:
- 80% of all Internet traffic will be video by 2019. In 2017 it will be 74%.
- The continues growth of visual social media channel Instagram. It already had 600 million users in 2016.
- The largest video search engine YouTube still grows in users. In 2016 Youtube had already 1.300.000.000 users.
- Facebook users spend 3x more time watching “live” videos than traditional videos.
- Facebook posts with visual content like images or videos create 3x more engagement than those without visual content.
- Snapchat users all together watch 10 billion videos per day.
- Oh and Snapchat is still growing double-digit to 217 million users by the end of 2017.
- If it is not enough already, the six-year-old “sleeping giant” Pinterest already has 150 million active users with an average growth of 50% yearly.
- 88% of consumers have purchased a product that they pined on Pinterest and 49% have purchased 5 or more products they’ve pinned.
- The incredible growth of VR, 3D animations and 360 degrees films and photography.
Are you convinced that visual marketing will continue to grow? If not, please let us share our experience and guide you through the world of visual digital marketing. It will definitely help you grow your brand and get more engaged consumer which eventually should lead to more purchases.href="#" data-color-override="false" data-hover-color-override="false" data-hover-text-color-override="#fff">Download Infographic